My Face may be different, but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry, and I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you, to teach you to love
As God in the heavens, looks down from above
To Him I am no different, His love know no bounds
Its those here among you, in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But this family I have chosen will help me get started
For I'm one of the children, so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you
That love is acceptance it must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose, though not the same start
The Lord gave me life, to live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do but at my own pace

Jodie's Journey by Granny Engela!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 70 The day of the GTUBE


I dreaded this day, but it's the only way I could take her home.... The operation was scheduled for 7pm that night, the anaesthetist came in and we explained that she might struggle under anaesthetics. The surgeon explained the operation again, and said it will take an hour. When they rolled her into teathre all we could do was pray. An hour and a half later she came out..... I was shocked, she was given morphine for the pain. My husband stood next to her bed, and tried to pull me closer but I could not even look at the pipe. I almost fainted and wanted to vomit. This is not what I wanted, God I asked for a baby not a child with a plastic pipe in her body. We left at 11pm that night, little did we know what was going to happen.... At 2am, the nurse wanted to give her glucose through her pipe, but when she lifted the blanket the g-tube was outside Jodie's body, the balloon deflated. So the operation wasnt successfull, my sister even said that it was the wrong tube, it wasn't suppose to last God didn't want that tube inside her. We had to operate again, and place a different type G-tube in her tummy. Now please I want you to realise this is a 50 day old baby... she's gone through hell and back BUT she is still fighting. On day 52 the tube was replaced. By the way, the reason why the first operation took an hour and a half was because the surgeon couldn't find any veins. Also the drip that tissued in her left calf weeks ago now made a big flesh wound and will leave a terrible scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment