My Face may be different, but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry, and I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you, to teach you to love
As God in the heavens, looks down from above
To Him I am no different, His love know no bounds
Its those here among you, in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But this family I have chosen will help me get started
For I'm one of the children, so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you
That love is acceptance it must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose, though not the same start
The Lord gave me life, to live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do but at my own pace

Jodie's Journey by Granny Engela!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 51 Ecoli

Jodie has the Ecoli virus, and has stopped drinking. So we are back on antibiotics again with a drip in her head. She also has to receive blood as she was anemic. Wow, that was a shocker to me.... receive blood, from where? Will it be ok? Little did I know that she would have to get blood three more times. The doctor arrived early, walked in with his hands together and said "Well, we are going to operate on your baby as she is not drinking. We are going to put a pipe in her stomach to feed her. You will then be able to take her home, it's simple and easy to use and within a week she will be home. He also suggested an operation called Nissen Fundo, this is to stop the reflux. He said - and this I will never forget - The operation could be fatal but you just have to sign the permission papers. MY JAW DROPPED....In my minds eye I could see how I was attacking this man. How can he be so cruel, with no emotions? This is a man that studied for 7 years to be a doctor, practised for several years but he didn't have an inch of compassion. I turned blood red, everybody in NICU was staring at me, waiting for me to explode. I very calmly answered, NO I WONT ALLOW IT.
On my way home I cried feeling emotionally and physically exhausted. "God, what more do you want me to give? I am giving everything, I have nothing left to give" Upon arrival at granny's house to meet my hubby, I was crying so much I could hardly explain. As I was talking, this strong man in front of me started breaking down in tears. We agreed that no such an operation will be performed. God saved her life and will heal her.

No comments:

Post a Comment