My Face may be different, but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry, and I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you, to teach you to love
As God in the heavens, looks down from above
To Him I am no different, His love know no bounds
Its those here among you, in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But this family I have chosen will help me get started
For I'm one of the children, so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you
That love is acceptance it must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose, though not the same start
The Lord gave me life, to live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do but at my own pace

Jodie's Journey by Granny Engela!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

D-Day arrives...
















I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling very peaceful. It was a very dreary day, rainy, misty and cold. I frantically started cleaning the house almost as if I was bringing a new baby home :-) The receptionist phoned the previous day saying that we have to be at hospital at 12h30 (the story changed with them every day), and Jodie was to have her last feed at 7am that morning. So she cried from 9am until the doctor arrived at 15h00..... I threw my toys out the cot at 13h00 and phoned the lady at the doctors office, and yes, I was really rude.... I just couldn't bear my little baby screaming anymore, so I definitely wasn't nice to her, while I was having my very rude conversation I started feeling terribly guilty. When I put the phone down my hubby said "Vickie, that is not what a Christian is suppose to do". So... 15minutes later I phoned her back and apologised. We were first told she was going to get anaesthetics, then we were told he is going to take the tube out while she was awake. We didn't know what to expect. At exactly 15h00 the doc arrived, he was going to give her a local injection to numb her tummy and then pull the tube out, if that didn't work he will take her to theatre. The chances of the ball in her tummy breaking off was about 99%. That day my hubby and I prayed "God, Please let the tube come out with one pull" And the Lord answered our prayers... So once again GOD CREATED A MIRACLE! She was screaming when he injected her and then he JERKED the tube out. I have to say even the surgeon was surprised... But hey God surprises all of us every day!





No comments:

Post a Comment