My Face may be different, but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry, and I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you, to teach you to love
As God in the heavens, looks down from above
To Him I am no different, His love know no bounds
Its those here among you, in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But this family I have chosen will help me get started
For I'm one of the children, so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you
That love is acceptance it must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose, though not the same start
The Lord gave me life, to live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do but at my own pace

Jodie's Journey by Granny Engela!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 54 Trying to change paeds

So after 32 days and me being really frustrated with Jodie's paed, my hubby said he will have a chat to the doc. Devon and I waited outside when he walked into NICU, I just couldn't face that doc again. I tried to look through the window and felt very proud when I saw my hubby walking in.... He will sort the doc out in no time. He told the doc that we will be getting a second opinion as we are not happy with the situation. Can you believe that the policy is that you are unable to change doctors whilst in NICU, no matter how terrible the service was. Well, we got our second opinion, the second doc said she'll get a geneticist to have a look at Jodie and tell us if she thinks Jodie has Rubinstein Taybi. During day 32 I also exploded when the sister on duty placed the wrong child's name on Jodie's blood sample, this wouldve meant that she would receive the wrong bloodtype. I have to admit 32 days in NICU tends to stirr up all kinds of emotions and I made sure that nobody did anything wrong with Jodie, when they did i would really throw my toys.... It even got so bad that one of the nurses took her handbag and left because she told me not to waste oxygen on Jodie's nappy rash.....

No comments:

Post a Comment