My Face may be different, but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry, and I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you, to teach you to love
As God in the heavens, looks down from above
To Him I am no different, His love know no bounds
Its those here among you, in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But this family I have chosen will help me get started
For I'm one of the children, so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you
That love is acceptance it must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose, though not the same start
The Lord gave me life, to live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do but at my own pace

Jodie's Journey by Granny Engela!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 13, the trouble starts...

At 10:05 am I was sitting next to the nurse who was bottle feeding Jodie when her saturation dropped, and Jodie turned blue. The nurse quickly gave her oxygen and she returned back to normal, or so I thought. The rest of the day I tried giving Jodie bottle and she kept on turning blue with her sats dropping whilst on oxygen. The doctor was called and an xray revealed that she had aspiration neumonia. A 13 day old baby with neumonia, my heart was shattered. The nurses requested me to leave while they tried to find a vein for a drip and antibiotics. I didn't go far, standing outside the door I could hear her screaming (which was really weird because Jodie never cried - it seemed as if she just couldn't cry or make any sounds at all). It took twenty minutes, I paced up and down with tears streaming down my face, my poor baby, they are hurting her. I phoned my hubby with the bad news and he was distraught. My husband had a massive heart attack in February and only with God's grace did he survive. Just before going back into NICU I bumped into Jodie's paed, who then told me very abruptly that she has aspirated because of the syndrome..... I stared at him, not know what to say, what did he mean, what syndrome, she is perfect. God blessed me with this baby, there is nothing wrong with her. The doc turned around and left me with many unanswered questions. I immediately phoned my husband and he arrived at the hospital. On his way he had a look on the internet for babies with flat thumbs and syndromes.... He then told me he read about a syndrome called Rubinstein Taybi and it doesn't look good. We then agreed that we will never speak about it again as God will never allow this to happen to our child. Walking back into NICU was shocking, she had a drip in her tiny little foot and in her hand. Her eyes were swollen shut from the oxygen and red from crying. You know the worst think for me was that when Jodie cried, there was no sound just a tear rolling down her cheek.... Two hours later the drip in her foot tissued, they had to re-do it. It was placed in a vein in her left calf. Three hours later the other drip tissued and was placed in her other hand. At 9pm I left NICU to granny's house, my poor son, so unsure of what was going on. He even said that next time we have a baby we must have a boy because girls just isn't right.

No comments:

Post a Comment