My Face may be different, but my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry, and I take pride in my gains
I was sent here among you, to teach you to love
As God in the heavens, looks down from above
To Him I am no different, His love know no bounds
Its those here among you, in cities and towns
That judge me by standards that man has imparted
But this family I have chosen will help me get started
For I'm one of the children, so special and few
That came here to learn the same lessons as you
That love is acceptance it must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose, though not the same start
The Lord gave me life, to live and embrace
And I'll do it as you do but at my own pace

Jodie's Journey by Granny Engela!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Hello World - I am 20 months old!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 12 I get to dress her

After 12 days of arriving at NICU at 7am and leaving at 8pm the nurses said I could dress her. Sitting in NICU every day next to her holding her little hand and just staring, isn't it just wonderful how a person can feel so fulfilled by just starting at someone for 13hours. While dressing her my hubby and I noticed Jodie had flat thumbs, but we didn't think anything of it, we even jokingly said she sucked on them in the womb that's why it's so flat. On day 12 the bottle feeding also started, Yes, breastmilk, I wanted to breastfeed her so badly because then we would bond, we never had time to bond. Jodie only had to drink 25mls, yes that's right only 5 teaspoons. She did great, she finished her bottles and we thought the time for us to go home is coming. Devon hasn't even seen his little sister yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment